In the month of May it’s been all about the lips for me!
I wanted to share with you the three lip products I’ve been loving the most this past month, but I thought I’d take the opportunity to also share a few little tips on maintaining healthy lips…
As the weather gets colder, our skin becomes drier and our lips become more chapped. So lip care in the winter is especially important to keep them healthy, luscious and kissable! Here are my top tips…
1. Hydrate! We all know how important water is for our health in general, but seriously, when I’m dehydrated the first place I notice it is my lips. Keep up your water intake and you’ll be doing yourself a world of good for your health and you will notice your lips are less dry and chapped.
2. Exfoliate! There are a lot of things you can use to exfoliate your lips…sugar scrubs, toothbrush, a disposable mascara wand, warm water, a face cloth, etc. Whatever method you prefer, give your lips a gentle exfoliation to get rid of the dead skin cells and keep them feeling fresh. Exfoliating also brings blood to the surface and plumps them up!
3. Moisturise! Make it a habit to keep lip balms everywhere so whenever they’re feeling a little dry you can re-apply! In your bag, in the car, next to your bed, at your desk…EVERYWHERE!
So here are the products I’ve been using the most in May:
1. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream – this is a good “all in one” product. Its a skin protectant balm so you can use it on your lips or any part of the body that is chapped including cuticles, hands, minor burns, abrasions, etc. It’s a handy one to keep nearby.
2. Christian Dior Lip Glow – This is a fun one! It’s a lip balm with a pink tint that adjusts to the PH level in your lips. So it will have different intensities of pink on everyone. I like to use it when I don’t want a full on lip colour but a nice sheer pink colour and glow.
3. Arbonne Smoothed Over Lipstick in ‘Willow’ – I LOVE this! Arbonne just released a new lipstick range that is an improvement on the old range,and this is one of the new ones. Its a gorgeous dusty rose colour that feels amazing, looks stunning and smells like fruity heavenly deliciousness!
What are your favourite lipstick products right now?