As a makeup artist I’ve collected many brushes over the years….like A LOT! I don’t know how many times I’ve heard my friends or clients ask “why do you need so many?” Well, to that I have 2 answers…1. I just love collecting makeup and makeup tools (little bit addicted…lets be honest), and 2. as a makeup artist I need to have back ups and options, if I’m doing a big bridal party job I cant be constantly stopping to clean every brush so I have multiples to keep things moving.
However, do I use a thousand different brushes to do my makeup everyday? NO WAY! Ain’t nobody got time for that!!
So, may I present to you…my top 5!
1. Foundation goes on with the Sigma Beauty F84 – Angled Kabuki (www.sigmabeauty.com). This brush is very soft and dense and buffs in liquid foundation flawlessly. There’s a couple of variations available (a flat top, a round top, etc. but I like this one).
2. I powder my face with the Powder Brush from the Arbonne Cosmetic Brush Set (available through an Arbonne Independent Consultant, but can be viewed at www.arbonne.com). These brushes are literally the softest I have ever felt! I’m in love!
3. I multitask with the Blush Brush from the Arbonne Cosmetic Brush Set and apply my contour, blush and highlight with the same brush. Again, I don’t have time for three different brushes here and this one can do it all.
4. I don’t always wear eye shadow on a daily basis, but if I do I use the MAC 217 Blending Brush (www.maccosmetics.com.au). Its the perfect size and shape for a quick wash of colour or for blending depth into the crease.
5. And lastly, my favourite angled brush of all time which I use for gel liner and/or cream brow products is the Napoleon Perdis g5 Angled Brush (www.napoleonperdis.com.au).
So, folks, there you have my mostly used (TOP 5) makeup brushes. What are your favourites?